Bleach Reborn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STORY SO FAR

3 posters

Go down

STORY SO FAR Empty STORY SO FAR

Post  HirokatsuGoto Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:56 am

There are a lot of new people joining the sim every day and i think it is hard for many of them to have any idea of how to fit into the group due to not knowing A) the rules of the sim...which are easy to find out about via the board in Menos, but also by B) not knowing the story so far in this sim, an updated STORY SO FAR thread would be not only good for the new members but also the members who have to leave for days or a week at a time, this way they could get caught up. And while it is true some things are not known to every character or faction, at least the general history and general events should be known. And the inclusion of faction or character specific information would be fine to include as well (just noted whom would be aware of such knowledge in the description). We should all be professional enough to not RP what our characters woudlnt know while at the same time using the OOC knowledge of certain event to help guide us into new and fun RPs not at the expense of other RP going on.

How can we expect new members to respect the class system and history of events without them knowing them? This will not stop all the problems, but i do think this could go along way to helping people RP more effectively. It would undoubtedly be work, but a lot of you vets out there have mad skills and awesome RPs that you should be proud to share.

I know it will take some cooperation between people but i think it is for the total benefit of the sim that we have a history that people can read to get acclimated. I think a lot of people assume someone else will tell the new players what is going on, and at the end of the day no one does and then they get upset that a trainee is trying to us Bankai.

AT LEAST we need a general history that can be handed out, i would say 80% of new or newish members dont realize this Bleach universe is in the future.

If this exists already then i apologize for this message, btu perhaps it coudl be updated or at least distributed better. I think we have an opportunity for this to be very cool. someone coudl give out weekly STORY SO FAR updates like an undrawn Manga which people could be excited to receive as an email or SL notecard. I know i woudl love it. And crap, it might make people more excited and motivated to RP so that maybe they get mentioned in the notecard...i mean they talk and joke about get screen time in the Anime why not have the same sentiment in our SL sim?

sorry for babbling, i am just trying to help with the sim as best i can.
HirokatsuGoto
HirokatsuGoto
Trainee/ Hollow
Trainee/ Hollow

Back to top Go down

STORY SO FAR Empty Re: STORY SO FAR

Post  Stress Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:10 pm

from what I remember the sim is basically following the anime. So if there is a main event in the anime you could most likely find it in the sim at the time we felt it would be better for the players. It avoided confusion on where the sim was currently and it gave people a chance to feel involved with the current story unfolding in the anime leaving room for "their version" of whats happening. If things have changed since then sorry.
Stress
Stress
Squad Member/ Gillian
Squad Member/ Gillian

http://www.watch-movies-links.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Aoia Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:04 am

I can kinda see what ur saying but HM never followed the animes story lol, when was the CC ever in menos forest and when was there ever the bulk of a species being vizards in tents in HM, the stories made by the players and honestly half the people involved in the storories still dont follow it, so i agree there needs to be a method of keeping track.

I also think there needs to be a way to reverse stupid RP decisions that screw most of the sim over.
Aoia
Aoia

Back to top Go down

Post  Stress Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:40 pm

hehe we didn't follow the anime when the sim was HM your right, we tried a different method then (200 years after the anime) I was actually talking about now while the sim was Bleach Reborn lol! but you pointed out some main reasons why I thought it be better to follow the anime then make our own version like we did in the past.
Stress
Stress
Squad Member/ Gillian
Squad Member/ Gillian

http://www.watch-movies-links.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down